New ‘MiTek Learning Channel’ Improves Online Education
Originally published by: MiTek — January 4, 2021
The following article was produced and published by the source linked to above, who is solely responsible for its content. SBC Magazine is publishing this story to raise awareness of information publicly available online and does not verify the accuracy of the author’s claims. As a consequence, SBC cannot vouch for the validity of any facts, claims or opinions made in the article.
MiTek is excited to announce the launch of a new Learning Management System (LMS), MiTek Learning Channel. This resource replaces MiTek University and serves as the focal point for all eLearning software classes. MiTek employs two unique online learning options:
- The MiTek Support Site - This is the site you are visiting right now. Here, you will find over 2,000 help and training videos aimed at answering the question, "How do I..." The goal of the Support Site is to answer a specific software question that allows you to get back to work.
- MiTek Learning Channel (MLC) - The LMS site is the place to go for step-by-step instructions on how to learn a specific MiTek software application. For example, your company is converting from MiTek Engineering to Structure with Truss Design and you want to take a course that includes "A-to-Z" instructions.
MiTek Learning Channel is a new, re-designed eLearning platform that allows customers to quickly locate and enroll in online software classes. There is no charge for customers to participate in an online class and the MLC is always available!
MiTek Learning Channel goes live on Friday, February 12, 2021. What do you need to do to prepare for this change?
- If you are currently enrolled in a MiTek University course, please complete the class before February 9, 2021. This is the last day to access MiTek University.
- If you are interested in maintaining a list of courses completed on MiTek's old eLearning platform, please print a transcript before February 9, 2021.
Note that historical data from the old system will not be accessible from the MiTek Learning Channel. The following link describes how to print a MiTek University transcript:
- Register for the new site! MiTek is currently offering pre-registration for the new site. Use the following link:
Pre-Register for the MiTek Learning Channel
- On Thursday, February 11th at 3:00 PM Central Time, MiTek is hosting a MiTek Learning Channel pre-launch demo.
Register to attend this event!