2019 Group B I-Code Receives Six Appeals
As we reported in January, the Group B 2021 I-Codes contain a number of significant improvements in the realm of energy efficiency and building science.
In March, the ICC reported it had received complaints regarding the online governmental consensus vote and its Validation Committee reviewed a third-party independent audit of that process and ruled there were no voting irregularities.
The final step in the process is to review and resolve outstanding appeals. To that end, ICC has created a webpage tracking the six appeals it has received from:
- American Gas Association;
- Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Institute;
- Leading Builders of America;
- National Association of Homebuilders; and,
- Two appeals from Jake Pauls, an independent consultant
ICC staff are currently in the process of correlating where these appeals overlap and coordinating their review of all the appeals received.
For more information, check out ICC’s 2019 Group B Appeals webpage.