Improving Envelope Performance in Existing Properties
If a property owner is considering an upgrade to improve energy efficiency, a building envelope inspection is recommended first.
Designing a building with an efficient envelope from the start is the optimal solution, but the business case is often favorable for upgrades in existing properties. However, before proceeding with any building upgrade, the recommended first step is identifying deficiencies in the existing envelope.
Tools on ContinuousInsulation.org:
- Continuous Insulation for Commerical Buildings
- Continuous Insulation for Residential Buildings
- Steel and Wood Frame Wall Calculators
For additional information, please read the following articles:
- Exterior Insulation the Best Approach in Retrofit
- Senators Call on DOE to Fund Energy Efficiency Retrofits
- Video: Local Experts Share Insulation Retrofit Tips
- LSU Uses Atlas' Polyiso CI to Retrofit Historic Stadium
- Contractor’s Advice for Nova Scotia Insulation Retrofit
- Are “Superwalls” an Effective Energy Efficiency Retrofit?
- Using the 179D Energy Efficiency Tax Deduction as Sales Tool?
- Harvard Studying How to Improve Upon Net-Zero