New CI Insulated Cement Board Hits the Market
Originally published by: PR Newswire — January 22, 2019
The following article was produced and published by the source linked to above, who is solely responsible for its content. SBC Magazine is publishing this story to raise awareness of information publicly available online and does not verify the accuracy of the author’s claims. As a consequence, SBC cannot vouch for the validity of any facts, claims or opinions made in the article.
New PermaBase CI Insulated Cement Board™, a composite cement board that combines the strength and benefits of PermaBase with rigid insulation to create an ideal substrate for exterior finishes, was introduced earlier this year.
With an R-Value of R-10, new PermaBase CI Insulated Cement Board™ meets or exceeds energy code requirements in all seven climate zones across the country.
A National Gypsum brand, PermaBase CI meets or exceeds energy code requirements in all seven climate zones across the country with an R-Value of R-10. For use in residential, multi-family and low-rise commercial applications, PermaBase CI is lighter weight than using separate cement board and insulation products.
"Using PermaBase CI Insulated Cement Board™ as a substrate for exterior finishes can reduce total installed costs by 20 to 25 percent," said Tony Fuller, product manager for PermaBase at National Gypsum. "Given the construction industry's evolving energy code requirements, this is good news for builders, general contractors, specifiers, design-build professionals and architects."
There are many benefits to using PermaBase CI Insulated Cement Board™ as a substrate for exterior finishes:
- Faster Installation
- Expedites construction schedules by saving time and labor over installing separate insulation and cement board solutions
- Performance | Convenience | Lighter Weight
- Made with PermaBase Cement Board and high-density polyiso insulation, PermaBase CI provides durability and highly efficient insulation in one lighter-weight, convenient package
- Laminated with an R-10 Insulation
- With an insulative value of R-10, PermaBase CI meets or exceeds energy code requirements across the country
- NFPA 285 Approvals for Adhered Veneer Finishes
- Approved for adhered veneer finishes such as manufactured and natural stone, thin brick and tile, as well as direct applied coatings of synthetic stucco
- GREENGUARD GOLD certified
- For low chemical emissions
- Mold Resistant
- Per UL 2824 as validated by UL Environment