HERS Rating System Growth Good for Continuous Insulation
Originally published by: Builder Online — April 9, 2018
The following article was produced and published by the source linked to above, who is solely responsible for its content. SBC Magazine is publishing this story to raise awareness of information publicly available online and does not verify the accuracy of the author’s claims. As a consequence, SBC cannot vouch for the validity of any facts, claims or opinions made in the article.
Editor’s Note: The proliferation of HERS rating use is beneficial to the exterior foam sheathing industry as continuous insulation makes achieving higher HERS rating scores much easier.
RESNET announced that 13 builders will be added to the group of over 170 RESNET EnergySmart Builders who have committed to having all their homes rated to RESNET’s stringent energy efficiency standards.
By entering into Memorandums of Understanding with RESNET, the following builders have agreed to market their homes with the RESNET HERS Index Score, an industry-leading standard by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured.
- Ashkettle Home Builders – Kentucky
- BACORP Building Group - New Jersey
- Blue Buildings USA of South Florida
- Carrington Homes - Indiana
- Creative Spaces - New York
- Excel Green Builders - Texas
- Mandalay Homes - Arizona
- MGI USA
- New Tradition Homes - Oregon, Washington
- Park Vista Builders - Colorado
- Saddletree Homes - Colorado
- Senergy Builders - Colorado
- Tim O’Brien Homes - Wisconsin
RESNET EnergySmart Builders who have made the “Builder HERS Index commitment” receive representation on the RESNET board and at the national level on issues like home energy tax credits and building energy codes.