Framers and CMs Meet with Capital Area GCs
On April 5, 2018, NFC President Kenny Shifflett hosted a meeting with a group of local General Contractors (GCs) at the Washington Dulles Airport Marriott (see the full list of attendees at the bottom of the article).The agenda included a discussion on key issues that are affecting wood truss and framing contractor businesses. The goal of the meeting was to have an open forum discussion with local GCs to learn more about their current pain points and find ways NFC members can collaborate with them to find solutions to address those challenges.
In follow-up discussions with Scott Stevens, Joe Hikel and Kenny Shifflet, each thought this was a great forum that was more valuable than they had expected. The outcome of the meeting is for this small group to collaborate on developing best practices for GCs, framers and truss manufacturers that are proactive solutions to current challenges.
The first step is for those in the meeting to go back to their respective companies and solicit further pain points from their coworkers and colleagues. With this additional information, the group will draft a best practice approach to address a specific problem identified by the group, which everyone will then review and implement as a beta test. Once working well, this best practice will be promoted more broadly to everyone in the industry.
- Tasha Brooking, Quadd Building Systems
- John Burnett, CBG Building Company, LLC
- Brian Cates, P.E.,Cates Engineering
- Tim Clarke, Kettler
- Chris Danner, Trammell Crow Residential
- Robert Dayhoff, Shelter Systems Limited
- Jim Dunn, Fortune-Johnson
- Mike Green, The Bozzuto Group
- Joseph D. Hikel, Shelter Systems Limited
- John Hitchcock, Ace Carpentry, Inc.
- Ken Shifflett, Ace Carpentry, Inc.
- Scott Stevens, Modu Tech Builders
- Kelly Wallace, The Bozzuto Group
- Justin Wisch, CBG Building Company, LLC