Weyerhaeuser’s Javelin Design Software Gets an Upgrade
Originally published by the following source: Weyerhaeuser — February 9, 2017
The following article was produced and published by the source linked to above, who is solely responsible for its content. SBC Magazine is publishing this story to raise awareness of information publicly available online and does not verify the accuracy of the author’s claims. As a consequence, SBC cannot vouch for the validity of any facts, claims or opinions made in the article.
Weyerhaeuser has announced the availability of an updated version of its popular Javelin software that allows users to build a complete model of the entire structural frame for a project. From the flooring systems to the roof, Javelin uses an integrated design engine to distribute loads, analyze members in the structure and provide connector specifications. All to provide accurate material lists and placement plans for construction of the project.
"For more than 10 years Javelin has been the 'go to' software for everything from quick material takeoffs to specific cutting details for every member of the structure," says Ian Falivene, senior product manager, ELP Software Services for Weyerhaeuser. "We're excited to release this newest version of software to enhance the user experience and provide continuous improvement focused on user productivity and software longevity. Javelin software has changed with the marketplace and this latest version serves as an asset for collaborating with architects, engineers and designers."
The newest version of Javelin offers the following benefits:
- New user interface designed around user productivity. Modern ribbons, context menus, tool panels and home views plus easy user customization of the ribbons and context menus based on an individual's needs.
- Faster input of user loads focused on easily defining roof loads without having to model and design an entire roof system.
- Updated interface to assist with better selection and management of connectors for floor and roof systems.
- Creation of ledger conditions for floor, roof and wall systems along with including ledger members on the materials lists.
- Print mirrored/reversed layouts to eliminate the need for managing multiple instances (files) on the same job.
"Using Javelin as a performance and price comparison tool or to create a virtual 3D model can be exceptionally valuable in the design process," says Falivene. "Javelin works best as a way to provide seamless integration of Trus Joist® engineered wood products into a project for floor, wall and roof framing elements. The design accuracy, efficiency, customization capabilities and scalability are tremendous assets for users of this software."